We form, plan, and implement asset protection for small business owners and entrepreneurs. We assist you in structuring a business model that will allow you to achieve the maximum in asset protection and operational efficiencies for your business endeavors.
Business asset protection requires that the proper entities be set up to protect you from both inside and outside attacks.
- Protect accounts receivable, plus all personal assets from creditors/lawsuits
- Protect equipment
- Protect trademarks
- Protect patents
- Protect stocks and bonds
- Protect raw material
- Protect notes receivable
Asset-rich small-business owners are the prime target of hungry attorneys.
Over 15 million civil cases are filed in the United States every year. Don’t be their next victim. Let our 28 years of asset protection experience provide you with the best plan and asset protection strategy that you need for your individual business requirements.
How Do We Protect You?
We custom design the proper mix of protective structure for your unique business needs. We have many choices to choose from.
Friendly liens can be placed on business assets.
Holding entities that can be Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, Corporations or asset protection trusts can be formed to hold valuable business assets and lease them back to the operating entity on favorable terms.
The operating entities, which are the ones most likely to be sued, will hold little
incentive for a greedy attorney if they hold no assets.
A buy/sell agreement may be needed for your corporation
All of our operating agreements for our LLCs automatically provide for buy/sell agreements. You will not find this to be the case with the cheap or free ones handed out with the cut-rate formation companies.
Agreements with the valuable asset-holding entities can be structured to prevent use of the asset for the benefit of the operating entity in the event of lawsuits, involuntary bankruptcy, judgments or any kind of creditor attack.
Call us for consultation on which entity is best for your needs. We can assist you in designing a business asset protection plan that will keep your creditors at bay and meet your needs for business and personal privacy.
Below is a list of just a few of the reasons your business can be sued. But remember, we can protect you!!
Employment lawsuits arising from:
- Age discrimination
- Racial discrimination
- Gender discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Mental illness discrimination
- Addiction discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Peer harassment
- Gossip among employees
- Job references (good or bad)
- Whistle blowing
- Wrongful termination
- Negligent employee retention
- Releasing medical information
- Unequal mental vs. physical health coverage
- Employee injury from chemical exposure
Professional malpractice lawsuits arising from
- Medical malpractice
- Legal malpractice
- Psychological malpractice
- Engineering malpractice
- Architectural malpractice
- Malpractice for any licensed professional
Business liability lawsuits arising from
- Environmental cleanup liability
- Product liability
- Shareholder liability
- Securities fraud
- Liability of outside directors
- Liability from unsatisfied customers
- Personal injury when a customer drinks too much and hurts someone
- Personal injury when a customer slips and falls
And much more.
Remember, an attorney only needs 10 minutes on a computer to find out everything on you, your spouse, your children, and even your relatives. If they find assets in your name or your business name, then you and your business will become a target. Placing assets in the names of friends and family does not work. It is a fraudulent conveyance and will cause the judge to unwind the transfer. It can also cause gift tax issues of up to 35 percent to 40 percent with the IRS plus state tax issues.
Over 2/3 of all judgments exceed the liability insurance coverage limits. You or your business is liable for the excess.
Advanced asset protection and estate planning is the best way to insure that your assets are safe.
What we do
- Complete all government filing forms for the entity filing and officer’s list filing
- Prepare and IRS SS-4 for you to file
- Prepare the essential for asset protection, operating agreements, partnership agreements, by-laws and trust documents that are required
- Prepare any lien documents for you to file